Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cursed



Cursed just released their full-length entitled Three, and in support of the new album, the band has a string of weekend tour dates across Ontario and Quebec. Well, one of the first shows happened to be in Etobicoke this past Sunday, and since it was only a 15-minute drive from my house, I figured what better way to spend my Sunday night than getting my ears blown out.

I partially screwed up the directions to the Brickyard BBQ, but managed to arrive about ten-minutes prior to their set. The last time I had seen Cursed was at Sneaky Dee's in May immediately following a show Fever Out! had played on the same night opening up for Modern Life Is War, among others. Of the ten or so times I've seen them, the set back in the Spring of last year was the best one, so I had my standards set pretty high going in on Sunday night.



They definitely brought the noise, intensity, and excitement to a city that rarely sees these types of shows. Highlights from the set included 1974, Promised Land, Intro/Fatalist, a cover of "Hawaii" by Kittens, and lastly a new song entitled Friends In The Music Business which featured two bass guitars. I luckily found a good spot to the side of the stage, so the amps weren't pointed at me and my ears went home unscathed.
7/10

I may check them out again this Saturday night at Lee's Palace with Career Suicide and Living Darkness, but my family would prefer if I stayed around the house during the Easter weekend. We'll see about that.

p.s.
Good riddance, Winter 2008.

No comments: