My brother, Justin, Andrew, and I caught the game at Mike's house. This was the first season I actually took a mild interest in the NFL. One reason was because my brother was pretty much glued to the TV every Sunday during the past few months, which in turn sparked a hint of curiosity in me while I'd be getting frustrated trying to stream other football matches on the internets. The second reason was the exciting record that the New England Patriots were chasing. The game ended with the underdog NY Giants pulling a phenomenal drive in the final two minutes and taking the trophy. Everyone in the room was overjoyed but me. I'm not sure why I felt this way, but I almost felt as if the Patriots were destined to finish with a perfect season. I mean who really gives a shit about the Giants winning a superbowl when the Patriots were on the verge of football/sport GREATNESS...
The Weakerthans played a FREE concert at City Hall on Saturday night. I had never seen them before, and since I discovered them in the summer of 2006, they've been getting a lot of play on my iPod since. Reunion Tour was my favourite release of 2007, so I was pretty stoked about this. Nathan Philips Square was lit up by burning kerosene torches and flower-pots all night long, and a fairly large crowd gathered for the concert. To tell you the truth, I was suprised the City actually got a good band to place this event instead of a band like NIckelback or Simple Plan. Anyway, John K. Samson and co. took the stage at 9pm just as some dork was announcing them. The guy asked the crowd twice if they were ready to rock, both times reading the question off a cue card. wow. The sound was kinda shitty during the first few songs but gradually became better. They played five tunes off their new album, five off Reconstruction Site, and a few from Left and Leaving. They did a three song encore that begun with One Great City and ended with Manifest in which the band got people in the crowd to sing the trumpet part at the end. That ruled. But I missed SICK OF IT ALL.
A snowstorm hit the city on Friday morning. I woke up at 6am, caught the Viva at 6:45, and got to school at 8:40 so that I could finish up a report and go to my 12pm class. Ryerson sent out an email at 11:21am announcing that the school was closing at noon. Thanks for the notice, Devryerson. The good thing about the storm was that I got to go tobogganing at Boyd Park late at night. It wasn't too cold, and the snow was fresh. I only went down the hill about three times and had enough.
Here are some 3.2-second exposures I took:
2 comments:
hardcore dropout...
you're dead.
Post a Comment