I'm a little late on this entry, but I wanted to get it in before our next game this evening. We went into our sixth match with really high spirits, and although both Justin & Brent were unable to make it, I got my brother Martin to fill-in. It was nice to see five girls come out for this game, too! Anyway, despite losing 2-1, it was our closest and most intense match to date. Bush League didn't go easy on us, as they had a few really skilled players, but everyone was focused and our defense was working very well. My brother had the first real chance of the game on a breakaway, but his shot went wide. About half-way through, Martin and I were making a run up the pitch. I got within feet of the net before crossing it to Martin. I thought his tap-in would've been a sure goal, however, the 'keeper somehow managed to stop it.
At this point, I was getting a little frustrated, so I decided to take a chance. I rushed a defender from the center of the pitch, thinking that I might be able to take the ball with a sudden attack. It worked, and the next thing I knew I was running full-speed with the ball towards the net trying to out-pace the defender chasing me. The 'keeper came off his mark, but I easily got around him, and tapped it in with the side of my foot. We were back in the game. For the final ten minutes of the match, we were pressing really hard.
Marc had a lot of free-kicks which were excellent. Each ball was landing right in the box, however, I couldn't get to them before the defenders. On the last kick of the game, Marc had yet again lobbed the ball right infront of the net. I noticed the 'keeper and a defender were going for it, but I couldn't refrain. I got my head to the ball, but it went over the crossbar, and with that, the game had come to an end.
We're playing Los Ninos, the highest-ranked team, tonight.
Pics and a review to follow.
My prediction: 2-2.
No comments:
Post a Comment