Here are my picks:
Schalke - Porto
Roma - Real Madrid
Olympiacos - Chelsea
Liverpool - Internazionale
Celtic - Barcelona
Lyon - Man. United
Fenerbahçe - Sevilla
Arsenal - Milan
(Winners in bold. Ties in italic.)
In other news, this weekend I streamed the movie Into The Wild on the internet. This Sean Penn directed film follows the story of a guy in his early twenties who has just graduated from an American college at the top of his class. He goes against his parent's wishes of continuing his education at Harvard, donates his entire savings, consisting of $24,000, to charity, and runs away on a two-year adventure across America with the ultimate goal of making it to Alaska. Without giving away too much of the plot, Alexander Supertramp, played by Emile Hirsch(whom I thought was a dork in his other movies), lives on his own in the wild in an abandoned city bus by a cliffside. The film jumps back-and-forth from his current life in Alaska to the chronological journey that led him there.
I started hearing that Eddie Vedder song on the radio back in the summer, and since I hate Pearl Jam, I didn't think too much of his solo tune; that is until I saw this movie. Vedder contributed a few of his originals to the soundtrack, and I thought that these were a great addition to the feel of this character's one-man adventure.
Overall, I thought this was one of the better films I saw in the last year. There were parts where I thought that if I were placed in some of the situations that this character was in, I'd probably be dead. It wasn't until the end of the movie that I found out that this was all based on a true story. I'm not sure how I'd fare if I was to live out in the wild all on my own. Also, Vince Vaughn plays a criminal wheat-farmer. Go see this.
8/10
No comments:
Post a Comment