Thursday, January 17, 2008

match day #1



No pizza this week; we lost our first game by a score of 5 - 3 to Tuesday Turf Soccer Tm 10B. However, we are all pretty confident with our new team, and I really think we can overcome our winless streak next week. We played at an old airplane hangar converted into an indoor sports facility. The field we played on had a backdrop of soccer legends such as Pele and Maradona painted on the wall. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera, but I'll be sure to bring it next week. Anyway, the game went pretty well, despite the scoreline. We missed atleast five great chances of scoring, and the three goals we did score were really nice to say the least. Goals were scored by Marc, Vanessa, and myself. Great saves were made by our stationary goalkeeper, Mike.
Everyone's looking forward to next week, and I hate making cocky predictions in situations like these, but I have a good feeling I'll be reporting back with a victory.... I wonder what that feels like. Get ready for another loss, Eckler Xtreme.

No comments: