Friday, January 2, 2009

Year End List



Here's a list of records, movies, and shows that stood out for me in 2008. I'll probably have to add to the list once I watch Gran Torino, Frost/Nixon, and Let The Right One In. I also missed some shows that I heard were really great. Namely the Ceremony/Trapped Under Ice show that I missed because I was getting x-rays of my ankle at the hospital, as well the Iron Age set because I arrived too late. Hopefully next year's list is a little longer.

Records
Fucked Up - The Chemistry of Common Life
Vivian Girls - s/t
Young Widows - Old Wounds
No Age - Nouns
Trapped Under Ice - Stay Cold
M83 - Saturdays = Youth
Walls - s/t
Crystal Stilts - Alight of Night
Omegas - demo

Films
Batman: The Dark Knight
Zack and Miri Make A Porno
Rachel Getting Married
Milk
Burn After Reading
Pineapple Express

Shows
My Bloody Valentine at The Kool Haus
Urban Blight at Stuck In The City Christmas
Cursed in Etobicoke
Vivian Girls at Fucked Up Halloween
Dean Dirg at Sneaks
Young Widows at Sneaks


Oh yeah, Happy 2009.


-alex

No comments: